As a Man…
We understand how it feels to be a male victim of domestic violence.
As a man, telling somebody that your partner is abusing you is difficult.
You might feel ashamed, embarrassed or worried you’ll be viewed as less of a man.
But for all victims of domestic abuse the advice is the same, you are not alone and there is help available.
The first week in March was the Male Domestic Violence Awareness week which brought focus on all the men in the UK who are abused and not helped. The Centre tried to reach out to as many individuals as possible through radio, tv and magazines focusing on all the neglected men in the UK. 1 man dies every 3 weeks caused by Domestic Violence and due to factors such as shame and embarrassment most men will not seek help to get out of the abusive relationship.
Male Domestic Violence statistics:
- The police receive a 999 call every three minutes from a male victim
- 1 in 6 men will experience Domestic Violence in their life
- Every third victim of Domestic Violence is a man
- Domestic Violence equates to approx 25% of all reported violent crimes
- 9% of all reported violent crimes are Domestic Violence cases involving male victims
- Approximately 4 million men are affected every year by domestic violence
- Practically the same percentage of men as women are victims of severe
The National Centre for Domestic Violence
0844 0844 999